A high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all students to participate, have success and even excel in competitive sport and other physical activities within the programme. It provides opportunities for students to become physically competent and confident in order to support their health and fitness. The opportunity to participate in sports and other activities, builds character and helps students to understand values such as a sense of fair play, turn taking and respect.
Our curriculum for physical education is based on the UK National Curriculum. We aim to ensure that all students:
- Engage with a broad range of physical activities, including swimming
- Develop competence in a broad range of physical activities
- Remain physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Lead healthy, active lives.
- Understands the difference between right and wrong
- Communicate needs and feelings
- Can play independently