Job Description – Assistant Teacher, Early Years
The Assistant Teacher will work collaboratively with the class group of teachers and be accountable to the Class Teacher for all matters regarding the class.
- Being a facilitator in the classroom and taking an interactive role with children. Support and maintain positive classroom relationships where children are encouraged to take pride in their own environment and show respect and concern for others, to the benefit of the school as a caring community
- Observe children in play in order to assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the child centred curriculum for both the indoor and outdoor learning environments
- Responsible for small group learning experiences
- Assist in supporting the positive development of children’s social competencies
- Assist in the routine care of children (meal, toileting, rest)
- Build positive links between yourself and parents of children in your care.
- Assist the Class Teacher in all aspects of classroom management e.g care of equipment with resources well-labelled and accessible. Maintain a tidy, well organised room
- Assist in the professional documentation and display of children’s work
- Assist and support all preschool functions
Who we are looking for
- Successful candidate who exhibit our Image of an Educator: Collaborative, Life-Long Learner, Open-Minded, Respectful, Passionate
- Fresh Graduates with Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (English) or its equivalent are welcome to apply
- Candidates who hold a certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education (English) or its equivalent with at least 2 years of teaching experience are welcome to apply
- Knowledge of or willingness to acquire knowledge of inquiry based learning is required
Interested candidates may forward their detailed CV with recent photograph to [email protected], stating current location and availability date.
We regret that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.