Job Description – Vice Principal
Reporting to the Principal, the Vice Principal will be responsible in assisting the Principal to lead the team in the execution of professional duties and responsibilities to meet the following:
- Providing leadership to the School
- Develop the schools strategic and operational plans and budgets
- Overseeing the quality, balance and relevance of the academic, pastoral and after- school activities provided for the students at the school.
- Planning, delivering and assessment of the curriculum
- Participate in curriculum planning, delivery, assessment and review
- Ensure that processes are in place to monitor the quality of the teaching delivered by the teaching staff.
- Ensure that professional development is planned for all teaching and non- teaching staff.
- Manage the selection of teaching and non-teaching staff
- Monitor and review teaching and learning standards
- Maintain a system of teacher performance appraisal
- Management of budget, resources (human, physical and financial) and facilities of the school
- Be responsible for the internal organization and day to day management of the school
- Management of timetabling of teaching staff including planning for substitute or relief teachers.
- Maintain good relationships with teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Maintain good relationships with parents and facilitate appropriate contact between staff and parents
Positive School Ethos
- Development of a positive school ethos
- Developing and maintaining a quality school image in the community and representing EtonHouse in the wider community
- Formulate the overall aims and objectives of the school following the ethos of EtonHouse Schools and develop policies for their implementation
- Determine and maintain discipline, based on positive reinforcement and EtonHouse philosophy
- Undertaking an active role in the strategic and operational development of the school and increase in school enrolments
- Working with the marketing team, interviewing parents of prospective students when possible, explaining the curriculum and the ethos of the school
- Ensuring compliance with the requirements of licensing and accreditation authorities
- Work with licensing and accreditation authorities to ensure that the school meets the required Standards
- Undertake any other reasonable professional tasks as directed by the Principal
Who we are looking for:
- Successful candidate who exhibit our Image of an Educator: Collaborative, Life-Long Learner, Open-Minded, Respectful, Passionate
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognised University
- Prior experience of at least 2 years in a leadership role with a primary school
- Proven record of success in an Administrative or Curriculum Leadership role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity toward cultural diversities
- Ability to build community through positive interactions with parents
- Enjoyment of and proven ability in communicating with young people
Interested candidates may forward their detailed CV with recent photograph to [email protected], stating current location and availability date.
We regret that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.