Job Description – Facilities Manager
Reporting to the Principal, the duties and responsibilities includes:
- Conducts daily inspection of the entire school compound for cleanliness, safety and maintenance;
- Plans and carries out regular preventive maintenance of facilities including aircon servicing, maintenance of kitchen equipment, kitchen exhaust, fridge maintenance, painting and cleaning of all facilities in the school;
- Ensures that the Campus is a safe and secure environment for our children and employees.
- Handles maintenance requests and update maintenance request records and monitor response time;
- Handles maintenance cash float and ordering of hardware and materials;
- Handles feedback from Principal and Teachers, and provide prompt responses within the same day;
- Adheres to effective execution of safety and standard operating procedures and workplace safety and health (WSH) guidelines;
- Conducts WSH training of school cleaning and support staff and maintains records of training conducted;
- Works together with school’s management team to plan, execute school events, and activities such as open house, concert, graduation ceremonies and other ad-hoc projects to support the room set-up of furniture and tear down of decorations;
- Supervise contractors and team of security and in-house cleaners, ensuring their full attendance and to keep proper records of their attendance..
- Provides coverage of duties should there be any absence of school cleaning staff at the school;
- Monitors performance of contract cleaning staff to ensure that they are cleaning the assigned zones and meets the high cleaning standards set and that cleaning equipment and chemicals are stored safely;
- Manages external vendors and contractors on-site maintenance works and their contracts in terms of work completion and thorough cleanliness;
- Ensures all maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with safety and environmental regulations;
- Liaise with various government authorities such as BCA, NEA, URA;
- Undertakes periodically with projects and works assigned from time to time
- Handles procurement of maintenance or minor renovation works relating to school’s facilities;
- Identifies training needs of employees, source suitable training courses and submit training requisition to the Human Resource Department;
- Maintains training records of all staff who attended / completed training;
- Prepares annual training plan for maintenance and support staff;
- Be in-charge of all matters relating to the school’s logistics and facilities management including:
- Assist in internal events planning
- Responsible for management of logistics, equipment and inventory related to programme delivery
- Undertake any other duties or responsibilities assigned
- Must be hands-on and possesses strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the School.
Who we are looking for
- Diploma in Building Services or Facilities Management
- At least 5 years of related work experience, preferably in school environment or similar;
- Self-driven and committed individual with excellent follow up;
- Results oriented and able to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal, communication skills and fluent in spoken and written English;
- Ability to speak Mandarin would be an advantage;
- Competent in Microsoft Office is compulsory
- Singaporean and Singapore PR
- 5 ½-day work week with alternate Saturdays
Interested candidates may forward their detailed CV with recent photograph to [email protected], stating current location and availability date.
We regret that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.